Thursday 5 February 2009

Colour me in?


So it seems like a lifetime ago that I have written on here and a lifetime ago that I have heard anything new from the Maccabees...Until now.
They are back and have a brand new tour. Praise the lord. By far the best band to come from our shores for a long time it has been overdue for a while.

The past few weeks seem to of flew by in a haze of hangovers and lack of university attending but from now on it can only get better. This weekend see's the start of my radio show at Leeds Student Radio (www.LSRfm.com)at the very very early but refreshing time of 9am on a Sunday .However it will mean I have to stay in and do Uni work on a Saturday night but oh well. This weekend is also the NME Tour at Leeds Academy which I am very much looking forward to. I am hoping White Lies blow me away again as well as seeing Friendly Fires for the first time. Florence will also be very good to look at; Glasvegas however will have to be a miss after their dismal performance in Bristol.

I am also very looking forward to Jack Penate’s new album after hearing Today’s Tonight which is nothing like he has done before and has a much more funk/Caribbean sound about it which fits his voice perfectly.

More after this much anticipated weekend!

Over and Out x

Nme.com

Maccabees Myspace

Leeds Student Radio

No comments: